File list
File Name 1:
File Name 2:

Total messages: 1
NVR in foster care
HannaK
16:22 09.10.2014
Hello,
I hope it is okay to post in this forum. I actually live in London. I was just looking at the articles and publications as I am searching for papers about studies and research on implementing NVR in a foster care setting. I noticed this one: 'Ontwikkeling en proefimplementatie van twee ondersteuningsprogramma’s voor pleegouders' , but could only find the abstract. Is there any way that I can get hold of the full paper? I don't mind if it is in Dutch, as I can follow it (I'm Afrikaans speaking). I have a basic understanding of NVR, but realise within a foster care setting, the whole professional system working with the child would need to understand and support this approach. We have too many foster placements disrupting because of violent or aggressive behaviour from children (not only teenagers). It seems important that we offer foster carers 'tools / strategies' and the support to deal with these challenges. I have been in contact with The Partnership Project in London, but first need to convince the senior managers in our Fostering Service that NVR is an effective 'treatment model' for foster carers specifically. Vele dank!
Legend:   Guest Guest    Member Member    Activist Activist    NAC Team NAC Team    Forum Couns Forum Couns    Main message Main message    Replied Replied    Not replied Not replied